This is an excellent thing I had never heard about, but I’ll start saving cards and send them to them! Thanks to a lovely lady from Tennessee.
Quick! Before you throw out those Christmas cards… please consider sending them to St. Jude’s Childrens’ Ranch instead. Operated by Kids’ Corp, a program for the children at St. Jude’s Ranch to learn entrepreneurship skills, the children participate in making the new cards by removing the front and attaching a new back. The result is a beautiful new card made by children and volunteers. The kids remove the card fronts and attach new backs and the resulting ‘new’ cards are sold 10 for ten dollars.
Card Donating Tips:
- All types of greeting cards, including Christmas are accepted.
- Only the card front can be used (please check to be sure the backside of the front of the card is clear of any writing, etc.)
- We can not accept Hallmark, Disney or American Greeting cards
- 5″ x 7″ size or smaller is preferred
- To mail large quantities in the least expensive way…
View original post 73 more words