Sarasin’s thoughts was nominated for a ‘Liebster Award’, courtesy of Kitchen Garden Path, http://kitchengardenpath.wordpress.com/ Thank you!
For those that don’t know what a Liebster award is …
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
So, it’s hard to pick blogs to nominate cos I follow a few really nice blogs, but I’ll pick 11 somehow.
11 random facts about me:
1. Sarasin is a name I used in a middle ages reenactment group years ago. It represents, to me, a sense of being close to the earth and understanding what we are all about here. Sarasins were Gypsy people who lived in natural ways, and part of my family heritage way back.
2. I work with mentally ill adults, assisting them to have the best lives they can, cos they want that just like everybody else.
3. Although I love the work I do, I’m getting older and I’m tired living a regimented life, so I’m retiring at the end of the year! (I’m pretty excited.)
4. I garden, in small amounts, and love to grow as much food as I can during our relatively short summers in PA.
5. My land is rich and I respect it by not using chemicals, using as many heirloom seeds as possible, and appreciating the bounty that it gives me for my efforts.
6. I have a cat, no, wait, a cat has me! I do not delude myself about who is in charge here, lol. Her name is MaChatte and I write about her often in my blog posts.
7. I have one grown son who works for the same agency I do.
8. I dehydrate a lot of what I’m growing to have good stuff to put in recipes in the winter.
9. I try to live as healthy as possible, having recently reversed Type II diabetes. I also jog about a mile each day.
10. I enjoy blogging. It started as a business tactic for a very small business I used to have, which has now had to be put aside due to time constraints. Then I discovered I really liked writing it and people were interested in reading it, so it has now been going on for 3 + years.
11. I live in small town America, away from so many of the issues that seem to be tearing parts of the world apart. It’s peaceful here.
11 Rookie Questions:
1. What is your favorite vegetable? cauliflower
2. Do you like to garden? I’d garden all year round if the weather would let me!
3. Where were you born? PA
4. What is your best attribute? I guess earthiness, understanding the natural world around me as much as possible
5. (I guess she gave me an extra question, ok!) Do you cook? oh I love to cook
5. Favorite food? if I had to pick only one, cheese
6. Have you ever milked a cow? no
7. What is your favorite color? green
8. What is your hobby? cross stitch
9. Bath or Shower? shower
10. What is the most dangerous thing that you have ever considered doing? jumping on a moving train with some friends
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? right here
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What got you started writing your blog?
2. Have you lived places other than where you do now (states, countries) ?
3. Do you love animals and have any in your life?
4. Do you like photography?
5. Do you work, and at what?
6. Do you have a big family?
7. Do you speak a second language?
8. Do you grow things; garden, grow food, flowers?
9. If you could retire now, what how would your life change and what would you do differently?
10. What do you enjoy about reading other peoples’ blogs?
11. Do you plan to keep blogging for a long time?
awwww,I wanted to be nomitated.
It was hard to pick. Maybe somebody will nominate you!